February 27, 2009

Friday favourites






One of my favourite local jewellery designers is Alexandra Freeman of Polka Luka. She makes very cool, contemporary pieces out of resin. I found her at a local market when we first moved to Canberra and kept her business card. About 6 months later (or longer) I went to her website and ordered a bracelet for my sister-in-law Liz's 30th birthday. I was very happy with the braceletand the price, Liz was thrilled and the icing on the cake was Alexandra dropped it off in person to my house! A lovely touch as I had a new baby at the time. So I was thrilled to see one of her necklaces in the March issue of Real Living magazine, under the editors "Things we love this month" column. Yay for local talent!

1 comments:

gret said...

Very cool. I have always been a resin fan, drooling in stores like dinosaur designs, and she has a lovely fresh look. Great find!