- 2 cups SR Flour
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon .....mix all these together in a mixing bowl
- 50g butter
- 3 tablespoons Golden Syrup
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar ....melt together in a saucepan, stirring until butter is melted.
- Then add 3 tablespoon cream to the butter mix and stir into dry ingredients until a good consistency dough is formed. Add more cream if needed.
- Roll out on a floured surface and cut to the shapes you like. Roll together the scraps of dough and cut out shapes again. You can do this many times until all dough is used as it rolls out very well.
- Bake 10mins at 180*C...makes about 30 gingerbread men. Turn trays half way through cooking to cook evenly. They don't spread much so you can put close together on the baking tray
Last week before Anya got sick we made Gingerbread biscuits - it was so much fun! Thanks Gwennyth for the recipe. I let Anya roll out the dough but every time I turned my back the dough would disappear, her chubby cheeks chewing as fast as she could to eat it all before she was busted, it was hilarious. She actually didn't enjoy the baked biscuits as much for some reason but we sure did! We had lots of leg-less gingerbread men. The perfectionist in me sat on my hands and let her cut out her shapes - it was well worth the constraint on my behalf to see her have such fun :-) I might try chocolate ones next time without the spices and add almond meal or something!?