November 26, 2009

Amy Butler Barcelona Skirt - pattern review



Finally I have finally finished my Amy Butler Barcelona skirt! I received that pattern back in May and bought my material in July.... here we are November and I wore it today for the first time. Sooo comfortable, I love things that sit on my hips low. This skirt is truly so QUICK and EASY! I will probably make a layered one too (on the pattern cover) but that may take another 6 months ;) If you have the pattern sitting in your cupboard, get it out and make it this weekend! You could definitely do it in an afternoon. If you have any doubts about what an invisible zipper foot looks like (for the invisible zip) then hop on over to Lara's blog Kirin Notebook for a fabulous tutorial on invisible zips (on a pillow - but it's all the same principal). Happy sewing and YAY for finishing projects. PS: If you are new to my blog that is a baby - not beer belly!!! 4.5months along.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous bump! So exciting! Oh, and nice skirt too.

gret said...

GORGEOUS skirt!! And about time you showed us baby. Nice work all round. I must get some skirt patterns. I love low on the hips too. That's something you don't often find in Japanese books.

x x

Yana said...

the skirt looks great and you look lovely :)

Jane Elise said...

This is on my to buy list. Glad to hear it was pretty straight forward - and that it fits with a tummy - mine is good living, not a baby ;-)