September 16, 2010
My Creative Space - Butterflys
I made some simple butterfly's from card-stock and Cristina Re paper for the Shop Handmade window display I did for Spring. The pattern was from an old Better Homes and Garden Christmas addition - I can scan it in and post it up if anyone is interested, there are four variations.
While all my elements looked great individually it really didn't come together as planned :-( The paper flowers I made a few weeks back were for 3 rings that were supposed to come together as a paper chandelier!!
Unfortunately my idea didn't work out as planned. I planned in 'event-theming' dimensions (like a middle of the room piece) instead of a window-display perspective! We ended up flipping the rings so they faced the window - they made much more impact but I couldn't help thinking they looked like Christmas wreaths - oh so many elements were just 'wrong'.... Anyway - we live and learn. I just thought I would share when something doesn't quite go to plan instead of hoorah look what I have done - I am sure we have all had them! See what everyone else is working on this week at Kirsty's.
I also made this custom order for a bridesmaid to be :-)