October 14, 2010

My Creative Space - custom orders and birthday prep



A couple of custom orders for a friend for her brothers wedding :-)



Baking for my daughters 3rd birthday. We had two small celebrations spread over two days! The cupcakes were a recipe from the Donna Hay kids magazine - not sure how I liked the meringue icing - it was like eating pavlova mixture before it has been cooked.



I did a VERY easy no fail, 1 bowl cake to take to Floriade Saturday morning. I used one of the gingerbread biscuits to decorate. She originally wanted a butterfly cake - this was my compromise for this busy mummy!



My happy little family. We had a gorgeous morning with friends. For more creative spaces...


7 comments:

Chantal said...

What a beautiful looking family. You all look so happy :)

Your handmade flowers are beautiful. As for the Donna Hay cupcake, the meringue icing certainly looks fabulous, but I guess I would hesitate too if it tasted like uncooked pav.

Cotton Kiwi said...

Happy Birthday to your gorgeous girl! That butterfly cake looks awesome and what a great idea to use a butterfly biscuit to decorate it. The flower headdress is stunning.

kasia leach said...

the flowers are just beautiful.. so delicate..

i love stumbling onto other fellow handmade living artists.. i soo cant wait till the book is published..

have a beautiful day
xx

mel @ loved handmade said...

What a gorgeous family! That butterfly cake is fabulous, I bet she loved it! That white flower headress is just beautiful..

becclebee said...

the meringue icing certainly looks very enticing - even if it doesn't taste so good. nice to hear you had a lovely time!

Aussie-waffler said...

Yuuum, those cakes look delicious, love that sneaky butterfly. And the flowers are beautiful, so delicate looking.

ana @ i made it so said...

very pretty flower you're working on. and you have a beautiful family. happy 3rd to your little one!