November 18, 2010

My Creative Space - Baby gifts and glass door knobs



A little baby gift I made for a friend. Even though it's a gift for a baby girl it's nice not to be drowning in PINK!!!! I'm not giving away what it is as I haven't given it yet :-)





I bought these glass door knobs from Few and Far on holidays.... I had/have dreams of stripping back my daughters bed and dresser, painting them white and adding these babies. I have put them on as-is but need to buy another 4 and can't quite decide if the furniture is worth making over? Hmmm... everyone makes furniture makeovers seem so easy and quick... let me know if you have any tips!

Visit Kootoyoo for not just more creative spaces but a cool blog with lots of clever craftiness from Kirsty.

8 comments:

mel @ loved handmade said...

That gift looks really beautiful, such a gorgeous green. I'm all for furniture makeovers!! Id say the sanding is the worst part, but if the dresser is already in good condition it may only need a light sand and a primer..those handles are lovely, it'll look great!

Chantal said...

Lovely fabric. So nice to be able to offer something in a colour other than pink - I'm sure the Mum will appreciate it.

Anita said...

I think it's great to vary the colours for babies gifts. A lovely change from the sea of pink. Your fabric choices are gorgeous. And those door knobs are so pretty. I've not gotten into furniture makeovers, though I drool over all the clever ones I see in blog land. Still a bit nervous.....

Michelle said...

The gift looks lovely. And those door knobs are so pretty. Could you cover the furniture with wall paper?

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Never fail with an Amy Butler fabric gift & those knobs are delightful, i have bought some from shops too, then you can reuse them when you change your mind!! Go for it, get Anya to help too. Love Posie

74 Lime Lane said...

that green fabric is just lovely, it would be a refreshing change from pink
re makeovers though, I'm in the "that looks easy" camp but never go through with the "do"

Nattie said...

it looks terrific! what a great choice of fabric! loving it so much! ;)

belinda marshall said...

i don't reckon they are quick!! specially if it involves sanding.
love the door knobs + the fabric you've used.