December 23, 2010

My first Patchwork with Moda



Anya and I are working on a patchwork cushion cover for her floor cushion that she likes to read on. We used Sherbit Pips by Moda and Its a Hoot by Mo Mo also for Moda - I got mine from Retro Mummy. It is my first ever Patchwork and I love PRE-CUT fabric! I can't imagine
doing it any other way and I dislike hexagonals just for the record - not my style.



Anya LOVED placing the squares in all multiple arrangements - I have to say it was very carthartic, I can see how it gets addictive. The fabric is also delightful and I love looking at it, I definitely have some favourite squares. Thanks Posie for letting me pick your brain for all those first timer questions :-) We have both sides sewn up waiting for batting - post Christmas...

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Beautiful fabrics! I'm sure Anya will treasure it for may years to come!

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Happy sewing my love, if you need any more tips, just call, love Posie

Yana said...

looks good. look forward to seeing the finished item :)

Anonymous said...

Well done! Looks great! Photos when it's finished, please.