March 8, 2011

New book for the wishlist... Amsterdam: Made By Hand


I came across this gorgeous looking book on the weekend, Amsterdam: Made by Hand by stylist Pia Jane Bijkerk thanks to Jillian Leiboff. It is now on my Book Depository wish list.



Next time I get to Europe I will be taking a different kind of trip... involving visits to places like those featured in Pia's book, plenty of vintage stores, sourcing gorgeous pieces for my hair accessories! How wonderful would it be to go and do a class or two as well - I would choose some sort of millinery course!



I loved my time in Holland back in 2000, such fond memories of Stroopwaffles, bike riding, fresh flower markets, krentenbollens and my best friend Mirjam's amazing family who took me in and treated me as one of their own - ahhhh..... anyway, itching to get a better look at this book.

3 comments:

mel @ loved handmade said...

Oh wow, gorgeous images there, what a lovely book..

Leontien said...

Being Dutch, i better check this book out! And yes I MISS STROOPWAFELS!!!

Thanks for sharing
Leontien

Smj276 said...

Sounds like a fantastic holiday plan. Including great places to eat and it would be perfect.