May 26, 2011

Fabric Wall Decals & Water Drop Mobile



I saw these clouds on the Thompson Family Home Tour and knew I had to do them for Josiah's side of the room! So I made my own fabric decals from this yummy spotted fabric - I can't remember who by? Sorry!



The adorable Whale Dreams print by Sarah Jane inspired the bubbly mobile! We just traced a variety of little circles from items around the house onto cardboard - egg cups (top and bottom) & drinking glasses. After sewing the circles into mini garlands I attached to a rattan ring covered in the same spotty fabric and used my lovely twine to secure to a common point.



I didn't find the 'right' shades of blue cardboard until I had already made my mobile - isn't that always the way! I still like it though and the little man doesn't care two hoots, he just loves his mobile, especially when it sways :-) I won't explain how to do the decals - you can find it all here. Basically just cornflour and water folks, it's that simple!

Be inspired by more creative spaces....

10 comments:

Katie said...

Both the clouds AND the mobile are gorgeous. They look like perfect shades of blue to me!

Tania McCartney said...

Gorgeous, Ros! x

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Amazing & the fabric look like a Kei Honeycomb to me, beautiful. Yes, always find the perfect shade as i finish that kind of project, amazing how you can adapt & totally love what you've done anyway. Love a good shaded palate project too, love Posie

Christina Lowry said...

The clouds look wonderful! Storing that project away for after we move. Can't wait to start decorating!

:)

LeelaBijou said...

Fantastic work!

Morrgan said...

They look great! Am tempted to try making a mobile myself... :)

pepper said...

oh so cute! I love clouds and raindrops, and have them in my room too (and I'm a grown-up!)
Pepper x

Dee said...

So pretty...

Melissa said...

I love the mobile and the clouds are gorgeous. I am sure Josiah will love them!

By the way, I have given you an award! http://bit.ly/lnuJzI

Anonymous said...

It all looks FAB! You crafty dynamo you! Im not surprised that little J loves his room. A garland mobile is such a simple and elegant solution : ) Alisa

ps. Thanks for your lovely comment on my little foxy friend. : )