May 19, 2011

My Creative Space - Bright and Cheery



No sewing this week, just some deco for the dining room! We made some tissue paper pom pom's and bought some cute, well-priced lanterns from Occasion by Design. I had looked for the spotty lanterns locally for a while, with no joy so I was pleased to discover this shop. They have a lot of well-priced party accessories too.



I am going to add some white paper garlands to it and it's done. Inspired from the lovely Ashley Ann. Oh and I have to plug the Business Sumit Handmade Canberra is putting on for small businesses and Mum-preuners like most of us that meet in this creative space! Friday 10th June in Canberra - what a great way to learn more about building your business and have a blogger meet up!

Make yourself a cuppa and get on over to 'Our Creative Space' to see what everyone else is making!

12 comments:

Notchka said...

Beautiful - I love the yellow! Funny enough I have a little collection of lanterns going for an installation in my daughter's room. Hasn't got past concept stage, but your post was a gently reminder. Thanks!

Nick said...

I was initially reistant to these as my mum had them in the 70's stuck in old wine flagons, but I have come around. Yours look lovely and fresh particularly with the lanterns. Good grouping

Sarah@Dolls And Daydreams said...

Wow i wish i knew how to make those oh so pretty flower pompoms they would be perfect for parties!! And little girls bedroom!

Very pretty indeed :)

Jill said...

Those tissue pom poms go so well with the lanterns! Very chic!!

Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

by marie-nicole said...

They're gorgeous! Nice work!

Plugging the business summit here is a great idea!!!

Anonymous said...

i have always wanted to do this in Ayla's room, but having ceiling fans I don't think it will work. Great job looks lovely

belinda marshall said...

so pretty! i love the map in the background too :)

Rie said...

They look fantastic - so cheery!

collecting feathers said...

Yep, wall or can sit on a surface. xxNick

Melissa said...

Just lovely and so clever Ros!

Tania McCartney said...

GORGEOUS, Ros! So lovely to see some daffodil cheer as our weather plummets into ice1 x

Katie said...

Wow - Fab colours!