May 5, 2011

My Creative Space - Giant Paper Flower Wedding Bouquets



I made these giant paper flower bouquets for a local bride who found me through a friend of a friend! They were fun to make and I love the colours the bride chose. The girls were wearing a dusty pink dress and I think the grey would have looked stunning!



The tissue paper held it's shape well, I just hope it didn't rain - the wedding was on the Gold Coast! The brides flower was made from a crinkly tissue paper which was a lot firmer and I think I preferred the shape and look. I used gum tree sticks and lightly sanded the bumps and lumps off!! My brides dream wedding flowers were inspired by this bride!



Grab a cuppa and wander on over to Kirsty's for a creative feast!

13 comments:

yardage girl said...

Wow - clever and interesting. I hope the bride sends you a pic of the big day!

Market Girl said...

Just gorgeous Ros, cannot wait to see them in shop.
Julie

Angela Osborn said...

These are just beautiful!

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

You are the greatest, they look amazing!! Check out the brides shoes too, everything was just so adroable in that image. Love Posie

Seaweed and Raine said...

Very funky! Hope she had a sunny (or atleast not humid) day for the wedding!

belinda marshall said...

they are amazing! gorgeous work :)

Kelly Ingram said...

Wow - what a unique idea. The colours the flowers are in are just so elegant - I'm sure they will look absolutely beautiful.

Tania McCartney said...

You are incredible, Girl!!! Love watching what you're doing. xx

Cindy said...

very pretty...

Sarah said...

They are beautiful! So striking.
How funny I've spent the last few days with fabric flowers on my mind and brushing up techniques and finding new tutorials on the web. I keep stumbling across paper flower tutorials and am just loving them more and more. Thanks for another link!! x

Jordan - Polkadot Prints said...

Oh these are gorgeous Ros! You're so clever!

Sarah@Dolls And Daydreams said...

How stunning!!!! How did i miss you last week, ok new follower :)

OK said...

by any chance, do you have the instructions for the white flower? IT's GORGEOUS!!! I need that for my daughter's wedding! ASAP! LOVE!!!