December 19, 2012

Noodlehead Bag: Side Kick Tote

This is the second bag pattern I have purchased from Noodlehead, the first was the Go Anywhere Bag and I made it twice.  This pattern is the Side Kick Tote - I made the small.  Anna makes fabulous patterns, I'd like to make one of these too.  Both fabrics were from Spotlight and the aqua fabric is designed by Liesl Gibson from Oliver & S.
I used a denim for the bag which meant I didn't have to interface it all but it proved a little tricky on top stitching the top band and also for the handles.  I reduced the thickness of the short part of the strap (see below left hand side) but didn't for the long strap because I had already sewn it up!  Therefore it is a little hard to slide through the strap adjuster buckle but it works.  It does feel nice on the shoulder too.
I think orange piping would have looked much better with the aqua but pink was all I had in my stash.  This is a birthday present for my niece who is turning eleven, so the smaller size will suit her perfectly.  My friend thought this was a lot of effort for an eleven year old but when I saw the tatty old bag I had made my niece about three years ago and she was still carrying it around I knew she would appreciate a 'proper' bag.  Happy Birthday Casey!

1 comments:

Yana said...

Lovely bag. I'm sure Casey will love it!